9.10.2010

Little Stitches' Cutie Booties

I made my first project from my new copy of Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones. I told you that the reason I bought the book was for the adorable booties and I wasn't disappointed!




I decided to do a neutral brown with a cream/coral lining. I think they look good. They were pretty simple to assemble, but the final step is to completely hand stitch in the sole lining. I'll admit that I put them on Pretty without the lining to wear to church when I realized I wouldn't have enough time to do it. But I finished them after church!



It comes in the normal baby sizes: 0-3, 3-6, 6-9, and 9-12 mo. Because Pretty is 6 months, I decided to make the 6-9 size and they are just a bit to big for her. Now I'm debating the worth of making the smaller size for her. 

Because I didn't want to ruin the pattern pieces, I traced it onto tissue paper to cut out. Next time I'm going to be a bit more careful when transferring the Velcro markings, I feel like mine are a bit off. I also will use matching Velcro and thread. I don't like the way the white shows up so much. And even worse, I don't like the black thread ring holding it on!



Next on the list? This adorable outfit to match! (though I may change out the lining fabric for an autumn print).



Things I learned:

  1. White Velcro isn't always the way to go!
  2. I now love fusible fleece. Easy to use and adds nice cushion.
  3. The more precise you are in the beginning, the better the end result will be. (I'm sure I've learned this already, but anxious to finish, I usually forget.)

0 comments: