12.22.2010

Did you know . . .

While both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer, according to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid December. Female reindeer retain their antlers until after they give birth in the spring. Therefore, according to every historical rendition depicting Santa’s reindeer, every single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl. We should have known. Only women would be able to drag a fat ol’ man in a red velvet suit all the way around the world in one night and not get lost!


No, I didn't write that, but I don't know who did to give them credit. . .


image found here



As we are getting within reach of Christmas morning, I feel like the reindeer. We moms (and dads) do all the work and Santa is the one who shows up last to claim all the credit... But I think it's worth it. 


Good luck to all you out there doing the last minute sewing and buying. I know I'm one of them, having bought supplies for a few gifts last night!

1 comments:

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

oh my gosh.. soooo funny! Thanks for sharing! :)

Hope you have a Blessed Christmas!! :)